Since we are not able to get together in person due to the Covid-19 Virus, we wanted to send this email with some information and updates on what has been happening the last couple of months.
1) Monthly Board Meetings: Since we are not able to gather in groups larger than 10 people, we have not been able to schedule our monthly meetings. Unfortunately, our by-laws do not currently allow for virtual meetings. We have consulted the association attorney and are working to change the by-laws; however, it will take some time and require approval at the annual meeting.
2) Annual Board Meeting: Along the same lines as the monthly meetings, groups cannot meet. We have been in touch with the DoubleTree Hotel, asking that they let us know as soon as they are open to accepting reservations for large group meetings. We will let you know when we have more information.
3) Pools: The state has issued directives that community pools should remain closed at the present time. The inability to monitor social distancing and the need to clean the pool furniture each time any resident leaves the pool area would make it impossible. The bathrooms must also remain closed per order of the state. We have reached out to the state and will continue to monitor the situation. We will open the pools just as soon as possible. We will send an update as soon as we hear something new but will be in contact by June 8th with the current information if we have not reached out before that time.
4) Work order requests: Work orders continue to be completed; however, due to budget concerns because of the virus-related unemployment affecting our accounts receivable, we will be concentrating on emergency and safety issues first. As the budget allows, all work orders that are association responsibility will be completed.
5) Decks: – All homeowners are required to stain their decks this year. Newly constructed decks that have not yet been stained for the first time are the only exception. If you are unable or do not want to do the staining yourself, you can use a contractor of your choice. If you need assistance finding one, contact the property manager for referrals. The cost of the staining is the responsibility of the homeowner. The stain type and color specs are here. Sherwin Williams on Amherst Street has the color specs, and the stain can also be purchased at that location. You can use another store as long as you are able to get the same color formulation. Inspections will be done in the fall and any deck not in compliance will be stained by the association, and the cost charged back to the
We want to let you know that all capital projects previously approved in the 2020 budget will be completed this year.
Rest assured that even though there are many restrictions because of the virus, we are still working for the benefit of the community to the best of our ability.
Please stay safe and healthy. As soon as we have new updates, we will be in touch and will schedule meetings just as soon as we are allowed to gather.
Villages at Kessler Farm
Board of Directors