Household Hazardous Wastes (HHW) come from everyday products used in the home, yard, or garden. By definition, they are corrosive, flammable, toxic, or reactive. Oil-based paints, solvents, auto products, antifreeze, pesticides, mixed gas, and household cleaners are just a few examples.
The City of Nashua and surrounding communities work together to provide opportunities for residents to safely dispose of unwanted hazardous waste. Residents of Nashua, as well as Amherst, Brookline, Hollis, Hudson, Litchfield, Merrimack, Milford, Mont Vernon, Pelham and Windham are eligible to participate in any of the events.
5 drop-off collections are scheduled for 2015 at the Nashua Public Works Garage at 9 Stadium Drive (formerly 6 Riverside Street) near the Police Department and the Conway Arena. The cost is $10 per vehicle, for up to 10 gallons or 20 pounds. Please carpool, if possible.
2015 schedule for Household Hazardous Waste events:
- Saturday, April 18, 8 am to noon, Nashua Public Works garage
- Saturday, May 2, 8 am to noon, Milford NH Public Works garage, route 13 South (Nashua residents are welcomed at this event)
- Thursday, June 4, 3 pm to 7 pm, Nashua Public Works garage
- Saturday, August 1, 8 am to noon, Nashua Public Works garage
- Saturday, October 3, 8 am to noon, Nashua Public Works garage
- Saturday, November 7, 8 am to noon, Nashua Public Works garage
For more information on Household Hazardous Waste, including what’s acceptable at the events and earth-friendly alternatives to hazardous products, check the website of the Nashua Regional Planning Commission at www.nashuarpc.org.
Volunteers are needed at each event for surveys and traffic control. Anyone interested may contact the Nashua Regional Planning Commission at 424-2240, or the Solid Waste Department at 589-3413.
If your unit is rented, it is the unit owner’s responsibility to provide this information to the tenant. You can forward the email sent by the Property Manager or direct them to www.kesslerfarms.com and Latest News block/Twitter feed.